Index of /download/sven-ola/wvc
This is a special version of the linksys WVC54G
Camera software. I've added the OLSR daemon as well
as some help pages to give hints for configuration.
All mesh config is done on the command line, so be
shure you had your linux/vi lessons learned.
New version as of 13-May-2008:
* Update to olsrd-0.5.6rc1 (90e58c149597)
* Fixed "chmod -x intro.jpg" (large intro img not displayed)
New version as of 14-Feb-2008:
* Added fixed point math to olsrd
New version as of 07-Feb-2008:
* Update to olsrd-0.5.5
Version as of 18-Oct-2007:
* Updated to olsrd-0.5.3-rc1 to save a lot of CPU
* Added the geo pos for decentral OLSR maps
* Changed default config not to use RTS
* Changed ramdisk size to 512Kb and added "top"
* Killed some dumb processes after 1000 seconds
to also save a lot of CPU (those cost a lot and
make the camera unreliable). Side effect: You
cannot change the configuration after 15 minutes
uptime. So restart the camera first, the config...
* Changed the emergency flash tool for newer libpcap
This archive has the precompiled and patched
version of the linksys source archive. I have
put this together with these steps:
- Make a /dl/ dir, download Linksys GPL source
tgz there (GPL avail on www.linksys.de, Download,
- Unpack the tgz (will spit out dl/wvc54g-EU/)
- also download olsrd-0.5.3.tar.bz2 from www.olsr.org
to /dl/. No extract.
- Issue ./mk.sh:
This will unextract and patch olsrd and prepare the
Note: In the standard Makefile a "su -c" is used. Correct
this to "su -m -c". There is a patchfile to do this
which will change build/Make.context -> SU_CMD
In the old 2.11 source files some critical file in
the FW directory are missed. Copied the FW directory
from an older Source archive. Newer tgz is OK.
- cd into wvc54g*/SOURCE and call '. ./setenv'
- You may want to change fs/userland/scripts/etc/rc
to adapt startup or so. Or something in fs/apps/
- Now 'make'.
- Check wvc54g*SOURCE/FW/combine.log. Last entry should read
00000000 - 000060BC loader
00010000 - 000E46A4 kernel
000F0000 - 00385C00 filesystem
003FFFB2 - 003FFFF8 PID
- Flash wvc54g*SOURCE/FW/WVC54G.bin to camera. Note the
Admin/Help/OLRD page. If something went wrong, use the
- Add new config (use telnet and vi /etc/system.conf):
- This section is then added to /etc/olsrd.conf
PlParam "name" "freicam3"
PlParam "hosts-file" "/var/run/hosts"
PlParam "suffix" ".olsr"
PlParam "service" "http://18.104.22.168:80/|tcp|Freifunk WVC54G WebCam Nr.3"
PlParam "lat" "52.495309"
PlParam "lon" "13.454099"
PlParam "latlon-file" "/var/run/latlon.js"